Thursday, November 13, 2008


Sneakers
Isn’t it surprising how tennis shoes have become a way to make a statement? I don’t think kids think about it, that it is a type of peer pressure. I can remember when I grew up in the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s we only had three types of sneakers that I can remember. They were a Converse sneaker, PF Flyers, and Keds shoes. The PF Flyers were supposed to make you “run faster and jump higher”. I was discussing this with my son that tennis shoes were comfortable to wear but not a statement of style as it is in this day and time. In this day and time you have to worry about getting your shoes stolen because they are so pricey. Back in my teenage days no one would ever steal a pair of shoes. It is also amazing how people are buying the Converse basketball high tops, like we did back then. It seems what goes around comes around. The only difference is that we never coveted any ones sneakers. That makes a new law come to mind. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s sneakers.

No comments: