Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pocket Knives


Changing Times
Times have changed since I was a young lad. All of the young boys carried a pocket knife when I was growing up. Parents would teach their kids knife and gun safety. Today if a kid carries a pocket knife to school it is a felony charge. My how we live in different times. I can't go a single day without using my swiss army knife. I open envelopes, boxes, packs of crackers, and use the screwdriver on the swiss army knife everyday. I never go anywhere without it. I usually end up breaking the tip off of one of the blades trying to use it as a screwdriver. A pocket knife is a useful tool to carry but not to school. I guess if a young lad carries a pocket knife he has to be out of school and over eighteen years of age. A barlow knife was part of a boys heritage in "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer." Do you ever catch yourself in need of something during your daily walk? Maybe it is a pocket knife.

No comments: